[Tails-dev] tcplay in tails

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Mon Apr 28 18:29:14 CEST 2014

hi folks--

Truecrypt seems to be a popular encryption layer.  I'm not a huge fan of
truecrypt because of their history of cagey licensing and source
obscurantism (they only publish the latest version of their source
code).  but it can still be useful to read and write to truecrypt volumes.

I recently discovered tcplay (in main in jessie and sid right now) and
it seems to work for me when testing with a trivial truecrypt volume.

  https://github.com/bwalex/tc-play
  http://packages.qa.debian.org/t/tcplay.html

it seems like this might be something useful to have available in Tails.

Regards,

	--dkg