[tails-news] Tails 2.10 is out
Tails - News
rss at boum.org
Tue Jan 24 21:35:02 CET 2017
This release fixes [many security issues](https://tails.boum.org/security/Nume
rous_security_holes_in_2.9.1/index.en.html) and users should upgrade as soon
## New features
* We installed _[OnionShare_](https://tails.boum.org/doc/anonymous_internet/onionshare/index.en.html), a tool for anonymous file sharing.
* We enabled the [circuit view](https://tails.boum.org/doc/anonymous_internet/Tor_Browser/index.en.html#circuit_view) in _Tor Browser_.
## Upgrades and changes
* Upgrade _Tor_ to 0.2.9.9.
* Upgrade _Tor Browser_ to 6.5.
* Upgrade _Linux_ to 4.8. This should improve the support for newer hardware (graphics, Wi-Fi, etc.)
* Upgrade _Icedove_ to 45.6.0.
* Replace _AdBlock Plus_ with _uBlock Origin_.
* Configure the _APT_ package manage to use Debian's Onion services.
* Install the _AMDGPU_ display driver. This should improve the support for newer AMD graphics adapters.
* Renamed the _Boot Loader Menu_ entries from "Live" to "Tails", and replaced the confusing "failsafe" wording with "Troubleshooting Mode".
* Add support for [exFAT](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/exFAT).
* Remove _Nyx_ (previously called _arm_).
* Rewrite _Tor control port filter_ entirely. Now Tails can safely support _OnionShare_, the circuit view of _Tor Browser_, and similar. This also enabled Whonix to replace their own similar piece of software with this one.
## Fixed problems
* Made _OnionCircuits_ compatible with the _Orca_ screen reader.
For more details, read our [changelog](https://git-
# Known issues
None specific to this release.
See the list of [long-standing
# Get Tails 2.10
* To install, follow our [installation instructions](https://tails.boum.org/install/index.en.html).
* To upgrade, an automatic upgrade is available from 2.7 and 2.9.1 to 2.10.
If you cannot do an automatic upgrade or if you fail to start after an
automatic upgrade, please try to do a [manual
* [Download Tails 2.10.](https://tails.boum.org/install/download/index.en.html)
# What's coming up?
Tails 2.11 is [scheduled](https://tails.boum.org/contribute/calendar/) for
Have a look at our [roadmap](https://tails.boum.org/contribute/roadmap) to see
where we are heading to.
We need your help and there are many ways to [contribute to
([donating](https://tails.boum.org/donate/index.en.html#2.10) is only one of
them). Come [talk to us](https://tails.boum.org/about/contact/index.en.html
More information about the amnesia-news