[tails-news] Tails 1.6 is out
Tails - News
rss at boum.org
Tue Sep 22 12:34:56 CEST 2015
Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 1.6, is out.
This release fixes [numerous security issues](https://tails.boum.org/news/../security/Numerous_security_holes_in_1.5.1/index.en.html) and all users must [upgrade](https://tails.boum.org/news/../doc/first_steps/upgrade/index.en.html) as soon as possible.
## Upgrades and changes
* Upgrade _Tor Browser_ to version 5.0.3 (based on Firefox 38.3.0 ESR).
* Upgrade _I2P_ to version 0.9.22 and enable its AppArmor profile.
There are numerous other changes that might not be apparent in the daily operation of a typical user. Technical details of all the changes are listed in the [Changelog](https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails/plain/debian/changelog).
## Fixed problems
* Fix several issues related to _MAC address spoofing_:
* If MAC address spoofing fails on a network interface and this interface cannot be disabled, then all networking is now completely disabled.
* A notification is displayed if MAC address spoofing causes network issues, for example if a network only allows connections from a list of authorized MAC addresses.
# Known issues
See the current list of [known issues](https://tails.boum.org/news/../support/known_issues/index.en.html).
# Download or upgrade
Go to the [download](https://tails.boum.org/news/../download/index.en.html) page.
# What's coming up?
The next Tails release is [scheduled](https://tails.boum.org/news/../contribute/calendar/) for November 3.
Have a look to our [roadmap](https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/roadmap) to see where we are heading to.
Do you want to help? There are many ways [**you** can contribute to Tails](https://tails.boum.org/news/../contribute/index.en.html), for example by [donating](https://tails.boum.org/news/../contribute/how/donate/index.en.html). If you want to help, come talk to us!
More information about the amnesia-news