[tails-news] Tails 1.2.3 is out
Tails - News
rss at boum.org
Wed Jan 14 12:34:56 CET 2015
Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 1.2.3, is out.
This release fixes [numerous security issues](https://tails.boum.org/news/../security/Numerous_security_holes_in_1.2.2/index.en.html) and all users must [upgrade](https://tails.boum.org/news/../doc/first_steps/upgrade/index.en.html) as soon as possible.
On January 3rd, the SSL certificate of our website hosting provider, boum.org, expired. This means that if you still are running Tails 1.2.1 or older, you will not get any update notification. Please help spreading the word!
* Security fixes
* Upgrade to Linux 3.16.7-ckt2-1.
* Upgrade to Tor Browser 4.0.3 (based on Firefox 31.4.0esr) ([ticket #8700](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8700)).
* Improve MAC spoofing fail-safe mechanisms, which includes preventing one more way the MAC address could be leaked. ([ticket #8571](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8571)).
* Disable upgrade checking in the Unsafe Browser. Until now the Unsafe Browser has checked for upgrades of the Tor Browser in the clear ([ticket #8694](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8694)).
* Fix startup of the Unsafe Browser in some locales ([ticket #8693](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8693)).
* Repair the desktop screenshot feature ([ticket #8087](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8087)).
* Do not suspend to RAM when closing the lid on battery power ([ticket #8071](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8071)).
* Properly update the Tails Installer's status when plugging in a USB drive after it has started ([ticket #8353](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8353)).
See the [online Changelog](https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails/plain/debian/changelog) for technical details.
# Known issues
* It is [hard to exchange files with the I2P Browser](https://tails.boum.org/news/../support/known_issues/index.en.html#i2p_browser).
* [Longstanding](https://tails.boum.org/news/../support/known_issues/index.en.html) known issues.
# I want to try it or to upgrade!
Go to the [download](https://tails.boum.org/news/../download/index.en.html) page.
As no software is ever perfect, we maintain a list of [problems that affects the last release of Tails](https://tails.boum.org/news/../support/known_issues/index.en.html).
# What's coming up?
The next Tails release is [scheduled](https://tails.boum.org/news/../contribute/calendar/) for February 24.
Have a look at our [roadmap](https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/roadmap) to see where we are heading to.
Do you want to help? There are many ways [**you** can contribute to Tails](https://tails.boum.org/news/../contribute/index.en.html). If you want to help, come talk to us!
More information about the amnesia-news