[tails-news] Tails 1.3 is out
Tails - News
rss at boum.org
Tue Feb 24 12:34:56 CET 2015
Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 1.3, is out.
This release fixes [numerous security issues](https://tails.boum.org/news/../security/Numerous_security_holes_in_1.2.3/index.en.html) and all users must [upgrade](https://tails.boum.org/news/../doc/first_steps/upgrade/index.en.html) as soon as possible.
## New features
* **[Electrum](https://tails.boum.org/news/../doc/anonymous_internet/electrum/index.en.html)** is an easy to use bitcoin wallet. You can use the [**Bitcoin Client** persistence feature](https://tails.boum.org/news/../doc/first_steps/persistence/configure/index.en.html#electrum) to store your _Electrum_ configuration and wallet.
* The **Tor Browser** has additional operating system and data **security**. This security restricts reads and writes to a limited number of folders. [Learn how to manipulate files](https://tails.boum.org/news/../doc/anonymous_internet/Tor_Browser/index.en.html#confinement) with the new _Tor Browser_.
* The **obfs4 pluggable transport** is now available to connect to Tor bridges. Pluggable transports transform the Tor traffic between the client and the bridge to help disguise Tor traffic from censors.
* **[Keyringer](https://tails.boum.org/news/../doc/encryption_and_privacy/keyringer/index.en.html)** lets you manage and share secrets using _OpenPGP_ and _Git_ from the command line.
## Upgrades and changes
* The **Mac and Linux manual installation** processes no longer require the `isohybrid` command. Removing the `isohybrid` command simplifies the installation.
* The **tap-to-click** and **two-finger scrolling** trackpad settings are now enabled by default. This should be more intuitive for Mac users.
* The **Ibus Vietnamese input method** is now supported.
* **Improved support for OpenPGP smartcards** through the installation of _GnuPG_ 2.
There are numerous other changes that may not be apparent in the daily operation of a typical user. Technical details of all the changes are listed in the [Changelog](https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails/plain/debian/changelog).
# Known issues
* The Tor Browser shipped in Tails 1.3 has NoScript version 188.8.131.52 instead of version 184.108.40.206, which is the version used in The Tor Project's own Tor Browser 4.0.4 release.
* See the current list of [known issues](https://tails.boum.org/news/../support/known_issues/index.en.html).
# Download or upgrade
Go to the [download](https://tails.boum.org/news/../download/index.en.html) page.
# What's coming up?
The next Tails release is [scheduled](https://tails.boum.org/news/../contribute/calendar/) for April 7.
Have a look to our [roadmap](https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/roadmap) to see where we are heading to.
Do you want to help? There are many ways [**you** can contribute to Tails](https://tails.boum.org/news/../contribute/index.en.html). If you want to help, come talk to us!
More information about the amnesia-news