[tails-news] Tails 1.5 is out
Tails - News
rss at boum.org
Tue Aug 11 12:34:56 CEST 2015
Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 1.5, is out.
This release fixes [numerous security issues](https://tails.boum.org/news/../security/Numerous_security_holes_in_1.4.1/index.en.html) and all users must [upgrade](https://tails.boum.org/news/../doc/first_steps/upgrade/index.en.html) as soon as possible.
## New features
* **Disable access to the local network** in the _Tor Browser_. You should now use the _Unsafe Browser_ to access the local network.
## Upgrades and changes
* Install _Tor Browser_ 5.0 (based on Firefox 38esr).
* Install a _32-bit GRUB EFI boot loader_. Tails should now start on some tablets with Intel Bay Trail processors among others.
* Let the user know when _Tails Installer_ has rejected a device because it is too small.
There are numerous other changes that might not be apparent in the daily operation of a typical user. Technical details of all the changes are listed in the [Changelog](https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails/plain/debian/changelog).
## Fixed problems
* Our _AppArmor_ setup has been audited and improved in various ways which should harden the system.
* The network should now be properly disabled when _MAC address spoofing_ fails.
# Known issues
See the current list of [known issues](https://tails.boum.org/news/../support/known_issues/index.en.html).
# Download or upgrade
Go to the [download](https://tails.boum.org/news/../download/index.en.html) page.
# What's coming up?
The next Tails release is [scheduled](https://tails.boum.org/news/../contribute/calendar/) for September 22.
Have a look to our [roadmap](https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/roadmap) to see where we are heading to.
Do you want to help? There are many ways [**you** can contribute to Tails](https://tails.boum.org/news/../contribute/index.en.html), for example by [donating](https://tails.boum.org/news/../contribute/how/donate/index.en.html). If you want to help, come talk to us!
More information about the amnesia-news