[tails-news] Tails 1.0.1 is out
Tails - News
rss at boum.org
Tue Jun 10 12:00:00 CEST 2014
Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 1.0.1, is out.
All users must [upgrade](https://tails.boum.org/news/../doc/first_steps/upgrade/index.en.html) as soon as possible: this release fixes [numerous security issues](https://tails.boum.org/news/../security/Numerous_security_holes_in_1.0/index.en.html).
Notable user-visible changes include:
* Security fixes
* Upgrade the web browser to 24.6.0esr-0+tails1~bpo60+1 (Firefox 24.6.0esr + Iceweasel patches + Torbrowser patches).
* Install Linux 3.14 from Debian unstable (fixes CVE-2014-3153 and others).
* Install openssl from Squeeze LTS (fixes CVE-2014-0076, CVE-2014-0195, CVE-2014-0221, CVE-2014-3470 and CVE-2014-0224).
* Install GnuTLS from Squeeze LTS (fixes CVE-2014-3466).
* Minor improvements
* Upgrade Tor to 0.2.4.22-1~d60.squeeze+1.
* Upgrade I2P to 0.9.13-1~deb6u+1.
See the [online Changelog](https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails/plain/debian/changelog) for technical details.
# Known issues
* [Longstanding](https://tails.boum.org/news/../support/known_issues/index.en.html) known issues.
# I want to try it or to upgrade!
Go to the [download](https://tails.boum.org/news/../download/index.en.html) page.
As no software is ever perfect, we maintain a list of [problems that affects the last release of Tails](https://tails.boum.org/news/../support/known_issues/index.en.html).
# What's coming up?
The next Tails release is [scheduled](https://tails.boum.org/news/../contribute/calendar/) for July 22.
Have a look to our [roadmap](https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/roadmap) to see where we are heading to.
Would you want to help? There are many ways [**you** can contribute to Tails](https://tails.boum.org/news/../contribute/index.en.html). If you want to help, come talk to us!
More information about the amnesia-news