[tails-news] Tails 0.22.1 is out
Tails - News
rss at boum.org
Wed Feb 5 10:00:00 CET 2014
Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 0.22.1, is out.
All users must upgrade as soon as possible: this release fixes [numerous security issues](https://tails.boum.org/news/../security/Numerous_security_holes_in_0.22/index.en.html).
Notable user-visible changes include:
* Security fixes
* Upgrade the web browser to 24.3.0esr, that fixes a few serious security issues.
* Upgrade the system NSS to 3.14.5, that fixes a few serious security issues.
* Workaround a browser size fingerprinting issue by using small icons in the web browser's navigation toolbar.
* Upgrade Pidgin to 2.10.8, that fixes a number of serious security issues.
* Major improvements
* Check for upgrades availability using Tails Upgrader, and propose to apply an incremental upgrade whenever possible.
* Install Linux 3.12 (3.12.6-2).
* Fix the keybindings problem introduced in 0.22.
* Fix the Unsafe Browser problem introduced in 0.22.
* Use IE's icon in Windows camouflage mode.
* Handle some corner cases better in Tails Installer.
* Use the correct browser homepage in Spanish locales.
* Minor improvements
* Update Torbutton to 18.104.22.168.
* Do not start Tor Browser automatically, but notify when Tor is ready.
* Import latest Tor Browser prefs.
* Many user interface improvements in Tails Upgrader.
See the [online Changelog](https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails/plain/debian/changelog) for technical details.
# Known issues
* The memory erasure on shutdown [does not work on some hardware](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6460).
* [Longstanding](https://tails.boum.org/news/../support/known_issues/index.en.html) known issues.
# I want to try it or to upgrade!
Go to the [download](https://tails.boum.org/news/../download/index.en.html) page but first, please consider [testing the incremental upgrade](https://tails.boum.org/news/./test_incremental_upgrades/index.en.html).
As no software is ever perfect, we maintain a list of [problems that affects the last release of Tails](https://tails.boum.org/news/../support/known_issues/index.en.html).
# What's coming up?
The next Tails release is [scheduled](https://tails.boum.org/news/../contribute/calendar/) for March 18.
Have a look to our [roadmap](https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/roadmap) to see where we are heading to.
Would you want to help? There are many ways [**you** can contribute to Tails](https://tails.boum.org/news/../contribute/index.en.html). If you want to help, come talk to us!
More information about the amnesia-news