[tails-news] Tails 1.2.1 is out
Tails - News
rss at boum.org
Wed Dec 3 12:34:56 CET 2014
Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 1.2.1, is out.
This release fixes [numerous security issues](https://tails.boum.org/news/../security/Numerous_security_holes_in_1.2/index.en.html) and all users must [upgrade](https://tails.boum.org/news/../doc/first_steps/upgrade/index.en.html) as soon as possible.
Notable user-visible changes include:
* Security fixes
* Upgrade Linux to 3.16.7-1.
* Install Tor Browser 4.0.2 (based on Firefox 31.3.0esr).
* Restore mouse scrolling in KVM/Spice ([ticket #7426](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7426)).
* Suppress excessive (and leaky!) Torbutton logging ([ticket #8160](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8160)).
* Don't break the Unsafe and I2P Browsers after installing incremental upgrades ([ticket #8152](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8152), [ticket #8158](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8158)).
* External links in various applications should now open properly in the Tor Browser ([ticket #8153](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8153), [ticket #8186](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8186)).
* Fix clearsigning of text including non-ASCII characters in gpgApplet ([ticket #7968](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7968)).
* Minor improvements
* Upgrade I2P to 0.9.17-1~deb7u+1.
* Make GnuPG configuration closer to the best practices ([ticket #7512](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7512)).
* Remove TrueCrypt support and document how to open TrueCrypt volumes using cryptsetup ([ticket #5373](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/5373)).
See the [online Changelog](https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails/plain/debian/changelog) for technical details.
# Known issues
* [Longstanding](https://tails.boum.org/news/../support/known_issues/index.en.html) known issues.
# For users of persistent GnuPG keyrings and configuration
If you have enabled the GnuPG keyrings and configuration persistence feature and have _upgraded_ a Tails USB stick or SD card installation to Tails 1.2.1, then please follow these steps to benefit from the updated GnuPG configuration:
1. Boot Tails with [an administration password](https://tails.boum.org/news/../doc/first_steps/startup_options/administration_password/index.en.html) set.
2. Run this command in a Root Terminal:
cp /etc/skel/.gnupg/gpg.conf /home/amnesia/.gnupg/gpg.conf
# I want to try it or to upgrade!
Go to the [download](https://tails.boum.org/news/../download/index.en.html) page.
As no software is ever perfect, we maintain a list of [problems that affects the last release of Tails](https://tails.boum.org/news/../support/known_issues/index.en.html).
# What's coming up?
The next Tails release is [scheduled](https://tails.boum.org/news/../contribute/calendar/) for January 14.
Have a look at our [roadmap](https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/roadmap) to see where we are heading to.
Do you want to help? There are many ways [**you** can contribute to Tails](https://tails.boum.org/news/../contribute/index.en.html). If you want to help, come talk to us!
More information about the amnesia-news