[tails-news] Tails 0.20.1 is out
Tails - News
rss at boum.org
Thu Sep 19 13:30:00 CEST 2013
Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 0.20.1, is out.
All users must upgrade as soon as possible: this release fixes [numerous security issues](https://tails.boum.org/news/../security/Numerous_security_holes_in_0.20/index.en.html).
Notable user-visible changes include:
* New features
* Install Tor 0.2.4.17-rc.
* Install Linux kernel 3.10-3 (version 3.10.11-1).
* Remount persistence devices read-only at shutdown/reboot time ([ticket #6228](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6228)).
* Greeter: display a warning icon on admin password mismatch and on persistence unlocking failure. Thanks to Andres Gomez Ramirez [andres.gomez at cern.ch](mailto:andres.gomez at cern.ch) for the fix!
* Fix the I2P IRC account.
* Allow installing "Priority: standard" packages that we do not install by default.
* Minor improvements
* Additional software: point to the system log on upgrade failure.
* Many translation updates all over the place.
See the [online Changelog](https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails/plain/debian/changelog?id=0.20) for technical details.
# Known issues
No new known issue but [longstanding known issues](https://tails.boum.org/news/../support/known_issues/index.en.html).
# I want to try it or to upgrade!
Go to the [download](https://tails.boum.org/news/../download/index.en.html) page.
As no software is ever perfect, we maintain a list of [problems that affects the last release of Tails](https://tails.boum.org/news/../support/known_issues/index.en.html).
# What's coming up?
The next Tails release is scheduled for around September 19.
Have a look to our [roadmap](https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/roadmap) to see where we are heading to.
Would you want to help? There are many ways [?](https://tails.boum.org/ikiwiki.cgi?page=contribute_to_Tails&from=news%2Fversion_0.20.1&do=create)**you** can contribute. If you want to help, come talk to us!
More information about the amnesia-news