[tails-news] Tails 0.19 is out
Tails - News
rss at boum.org
Wed Jun 26 10:36:45 CEST 2013
Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 0.19, is out.
All users must upgrade as soon as possible.
Notable user-visible changes include:
* New features
* Linux 3.9.5-1.
* Iceweasel 17.0.7esr + Torbrowser patches.
* Unblock Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, WWAN and WiMAX; block every other type of wireless device.
* Fix write access to boot medium at the block device level.
* tails-greeter l10n-related fixes.
* gpgApplet: partial fix for clipboard emptying after a wrong passphrase was entered.
* Minor improvements
* Drop GNOME proxy settings.
* Format newly created persistent volumes as ext4.
* GnuPG: don't connect to the keyserver specified by the key owner.
* GnuPG: locate keys only from local keyrings.
* Upgrade live-boot and live-config to the 3.0.x final version from Wheezy.
* Localization: many translation updates all over the place.
* Test suite
* Re-enable previously disabled boot device permissions test.
See the [online Changelog](https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails/plain/debian/changelog?id=0.19) for technical details.
# Known issue
No new known issue but [longstanding known issues](https://tails.boum.org/news/../support/known_issues/index.en.html).
# I want to try it / to upgrade!
See the [Getting started](https://tails.boum.org/news/../getting_started/index.en.html) page.
As no software is ever perfect, we maintain a list of [problems that affects the last release of Tails](https://tails.boum.org/news/../support/known_issues/index.en.html).
# What's coming up?
The next Tails release is scheduled for around August 7.
Have a look to our [roadmap](https://tails.boum.org/contribute/roadmap/) to see where we are heading to.
Would you want to help? There are many ways [?](https://tails.boum.org/ikiwiki.cgi?page=contribute_to_Tails&from=news%2Fversion_0.19&do=create)**you** can contribute. If you want to help, come talk to us!
More information about the amnesia-news