[tails-news] Tails 0.22 is out
Tails - News
rss at boum.org
Wed Dec 11 16:00:00 CET 2013
Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 0.22, is out.
All users must upgrade as soon as possible: this release fixes [numerous security issues](https://tails.boum.org/news/../security/Numerous_security_holes_in_0.21/index.en.html).
Notable user-visible changes include:
* Security fixes
* Upgrade to Iceweasel 24.2.0esr that fixes a few serious security issues.
* Stop migrating persistence configuration and access rights. Instead, disable all persistence configuration files if the mountpoint has wrong access rights.
* Upgrade to NSS 3.15.3 that fixes a few serious security issues affecting the browser.
* Major improvements
* Switch to Iceweasel 24.2.0esr and Torbutton 1.6.5.
* Incremental upgrades are ready for beta-testing.
* Fix Vidalia startup.
* Disable DPMS screen blanking.
* Fix checking of the persistent volume's ACL.
* Sanitize more IP and MAC addresses in bug reports.
* Do not fail USB upgrade when the "tmp" directory exists on the destination device.
* Minor improvements
* Clearer warning when deleting the persistent volume.
* Use IBus instead of SCIM.
* Always list optimal keyboard layout in the greeter.
* Fix on-the-fly translation of the greeter in various languages.
* Update I2P to 0.9.8.1 and rework its configuration.
See the [online Changelog](https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails/plain/debian/changelog) for technical details.
# Known issues
* The Unsafe Browser cannot connect to the Internet ([ticket #6479](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6479)). This can be workaround'ed by setting `network.proxy.socks_remote_dns` to `false` on the about:config web page.
* Keyboard shortcuts use QWERTY mapping instead of AZERTY on French keyboard ([ticket #6478](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6478)). This may impact other keyboard layouts as well.
* TorBrowser takes too long to shutdown ([ticket #6480](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6480)).
* TorBrowser proposes to share the microphone with websites ([ticket #6481](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6481)).
* htpdate uses a different User-Agent than the Tor Browser ([ticket #6477](https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6477)).
* The included Linux 3.10-3 (version 3.10.11-1) kernel has a few known security issues.
* [Longstanding](https://tails.boum.org/news/../support/known_issues/index.en.html) known issues.
# I want to try it or to upgrade!
Go to the [download](https://tails.boum.org/news/../download/index.en.html) page but first, please consider [testing the incremental upgrade](https://tails.boum.org/news/./test_incremental_upgrades/index.en.html).
As no software is ever perfect, we maintain a list of [problems that affects the last release of Tails](https://tails.boum.org/news/../support/known_issues/index.en.html).
# What's coming up?
The next Tails release is [scheduled](https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-dev/2013-December/004405.html) for January 21.
Have a look to our [roadmap](https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/roadmap) to see where we are heading to.
Would you want to help? There are many ways [**you** can contribute to Tails](https://tails.boum.org/news/../contribute/index.en.html). If you want to help, come talk to us!
More information about the amnesia-news