[tails-news] Tails 0.17.2 is out

Tails - News rss at boum.org
Tue Apr 9 11:23:45 CEST 2013

Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 0.17.2, is out.

All users must upgrade as soon as possible.

# Changes

Notable user-visible changes include:

  * Iceweasel

    * Upgrade to Iceweasel 17.0.5esr-0+tails2~bpo60+1.
    * Stop displaying obsolete context menu entries ("Open Tor URL" and friends).

  * Hardware support

    * Update Linux to 3.2.41-2.
    * Temporarily drop the Rendition display driver.

  * Bugfixes

    * Use more reliable OpenPGP keyservers.
    * Keep udisks users (GNOME Disk Utility, tails-persistence-setup, etc.) from resetting the system partition's attributes when manipulating the partition table.

  * Minor improvements

    * Disable NoScript's HTML5 media click-to-play for better user experience.

  * Localization

    * Many updated and new translations all over the place.

See the [online Changelog][1] for technical details.

# I want to try it / to upgrade!

See the [Getting started][2] page.

As no software is ever perfect, we maintain a list of [problems that affects the last release of Tails][3].

# What's coming up?

The next Tails release (0.18) is scheduled for May 16.

Have a look to our [roadmap][4] to see where we are heading to.

Would you want to help? As explained in our ["how to contribute" documentation][5], there are many ways **you** can contribute to Tails. If you want to help, come talk to us!

   [1]: http://git.immerda.ch/?p=amnesia.git;a=blob_plain;f=debian/changelog;hb=refs/tags/0.17.2
   [2]: https://tails.boum.org/news/../getting_started/index.en.html
   [3]: https://tails.boum.org/news/../support/known_issues/index.en.html
   [4]: https://tails.boum.org/contribute/roadmap/