[amnesia-news] Tails 0.13 is out
Tails - News
rss at boum.org
Tue Sep 18 01:23:45 CEST 2012
Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 0.13, is out.
All users must upgrade as soon as possible.
Notable user-visible changes include:
* Use white-list/principle of least privelege approach for local services. Only users that need a certain local (i.e. hosted on loopback) service (according to our use cases) are granted access to it by our firewall; all other users are denied access.
* Allow to modify language and layout in the "Advanced options" screen of the greeter.
* Enable four workspaces in the Windows XP camouflage. This allows users to quickly switch to a more innocent looking workspace in case they are working on sensitive data and attract unwanted attention. The workspace switcher applet isn't there, though, since there's no such thing in Windows XP, so switching is only possible via keyboard shortcuts.
* Claws Mail now saves local/POP emails in its dot-directory by default instead of the non-persistent `~/Mail` directory. _Users who are already using persistence for Claws will have to perform this change manually._
* Add support for wireless regulation.
* Hide the _TailsData_ partition in desktop applications.
* Upgrade to 0.2.2.39.
* Upgrade iceweasel to 10.0.7esr-2 (Extended Support Release).
* Hardware support
* Upgrade Linux to 3.2.23-1.
* Upgrade I2P to version 0.9.1.
* Install GNOME System Monitor.
* Upgrade WhisperBack to 1.6, with many UI improvements and new translations.
* Ship a first version of the incremental update system. Updates are not currently triggered automatically, but this will allow tests to be done on larger scales.
Plus the usual bunch of minor bug reports and improvements.
See the [online Changelog] for technical details.
# I want to try it / to upgrade!
See the [Getting started] page.
# What's coming up?
Have a look to our [roadmap] to see where we are heading to.
Would you want to help? As explained in our ["how to contribute" documentation], here are many ways **you** can contribute to Tails. If you want to help, come talk to us!
More information about the amnesia-news