[amnesia-news] Tails 0.10.1 is out
Tails - News
rss at boum.org
Mon Jan 30 01:23:45 CET 2012
The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 0.10.1, is out.
This is a bugfix-only release mainly aimed at fixing serious bugs and security issues.
All users must upgrade as soon as possible.
Notable user-visible changes include:
* Make Startpage the default web search engine. Scroogle does not look reliable enough these days.
* Upgrade WhisperBack to 1.5.1 (update link to bug reporting documentation).
* Update MAT to 0.2.2-2~bpo60+1 (fixes a critical bug in the GUI).
* Hardware support
* Upgrade Linux kernel to 3.2.1-2
* Time synchronization Serious rework that should fix most, if not all, of the infamous time-sync' related bugs some Tails users have experienced recently.
* Make htpdate more resilient by using three server pools, and allowing some failure ratio.
* Set time from Tor's unverified-consensus if needed.
* Set time to middle of [valid-after, fresh-until] from consensus.
* Many robustness, performance and fingerprinting-resistance improvements.
* Display time-sync' notification much earlier.
* Fix access to "dumb" git:// protocol by using a connect-socks wrapper as GIT_PROXY_COMMAND.
* SSH client: fix access to SSH servers on the Internet by correcting Host / ProxyCommand usage.
* Pidgin: use OFTC hidden service to workaround Tor blocking.
* Claws Mail: disable draft autosaving. When composing PGP encrypted email, drafts are saved back to the server in plaintext. This includes both autosaved and manually saved drafts.
* tails-security-check-wrapper: avoid eating all memory when offline.
See the [online Changelog] for technical details.
# I want to try it / to upgrade!
See the [Getting started] page.
More information about the amnesia-news