[amnesia-news] Tails 0.8 is out

Tails - News rss at boum.org
Wed Sep 21 01:23:45 PDT 2011

The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 0.8, is out.

All users must upgrade as soon as possible.

# Changes

Notable user-visible changes include:

  * Tor 0.2.2.33
  * I2P 0.8.8
  * Linux 3.0.0
  * Iceweasel 3.5.16-9
  * Torbutton 1.4.3-1
  * HTTPS Everywhere 1.0.1-1
  * More random looking nicks in Pidgin.
  * Replace the onBoard virtual keyboard with Florence.
  * PiTIVi non-linear audio/video editor.
  * Support arbitrary DNS queries.
  * Use XZ compression to get much smaller ISO images and a bit faster boot.

Plus the usual bunch of minor bug reports and improvements.

See the [online Changelog][1] for technical details.

# I want to try it / to upgrade!

See the [Getting started][2] page.

# A glimpse towards the future

Were do we go from here? Have a look to our [roadmap][3] to see where we are heading to.

Would you want to help? As explained in our ["how to contribute" documentation][4], here are many ways **you** can contribute to Tails: no need to be a hardcore developer.

   [1]: http://git.immerda.ch/?p=amnesia.git;a=blob_plain;f=debian/changelog;hb=refs/tags/0.8
   [2]: https://tails.boum.org/news/../getting_started/index.en.html
   [3]: https://tails.boum.org/news/../contribute/roadmap/
   [4]: https://tails.boum.org/news/../contribute/index.en.html