[amnesia-news] Tails 0.8.1 is out
Tails - News
rss at boum.org
Mon Oct 17 01:23:45 PDT 2011
The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 0.8.1, is out.
This is a bugfix-only release mainly aimed at fixing serious security issues in bundled software.
All users must upgrade as soon as possible.
Notable user-visible changes include:
* Update to 3.5.16-10 (fixes DSA-2313-1).
* Update HTTPS Everywhere extension to 1.0.3-1.
* Stop using the small version of the Tor check page. The small version incorrectly tells Tails users to upgrade their Torbrowser, which has confused some users.
* Linux 3.0.0-2 (fixes DSA-2310-1, CVE-2011-2905, CVE-2011-2909, CVE-2011-2723, CVE-2011-2699, CVE-2011-1162, CVE-2011-1161).
* Other software:
* Update usb-modeswitch and usb-modeswitch-data from Debian backports. This adds support for a few devices such as Pantech UMW190 CDMA modem.
* Install barry-util for better BlackBerry integration.
* Debian security upgrades: OpenOffice.org (DSA-2315-1), openjdk-6 (DSA-2311-1), policykit-1 (DSA-2319-1)
* Protecting against memory recovery: set parameters that should make the wipe process a bit more robust and efficient.
Plus the usual bunch of minor bug reports and improvements.
See the [online Changelog] for technical details.
# I want to try it / to upgrade!
See the [Getting started] page.
More information about the amnesia-news